June 16, 2014 – It’s Monday and that means there’s a clean slate for the week just waiting to be filled in by yours truly! I spent a few minutes on the thinking log brainstorming what I want to accomplish over the next few days. Here’s what I have come up with:
- Create a new summer ale that goes well with seafood.
- Find this belly button that humans speak of and consider adorning it with jewels. (If chickens do not have belly buttons, I shall make myself a mood ring.)
- Interview the bantam chicks for this year’s session of Pullet Camp. Classes will begin in a couple of weeks, and I need to have my lessons ready.
- Find my hidden batch of peanuts and eat them.
- Go on an archeological dig under the porch.
- Plan a hootenanny with the flock and our friends at Mrs. Turner’s farm
- Walk by the library when Eunice is behind the desk just to wave hello. I truly feel it is my responsibility to help her conquer her poultry phobia.
- It’s June… time to break out the Slip ‘n Slide!
I don’t know how many of these action items I will complete, but I found my secret stash of peanuts and ate them, so already I’m feeling accomplished.