August 1, 2014 – I can hardly believe that we’ve hit the month of August. Where is the year flying off to in such a hurry?! The summer is pointing towards its second half and I haven’t done all that I had set out to do. To keep myself focused, I decided to make a list of my top 10 to-dos and get ‘em done before the first leaf falls.
1. Eat my weight in worms.
2. Figure out who Charlotte’s secret admirer is.
3. Get our flock on Family Feud.
4. Spy on the cat – (the large feline, not the kitten whose company I enjoy).
5. Schedule a photographer for our Happy Chicken Brewing Company calendar shoot.
6. Order more plastic combs for my fortune-telling business. (They have my name and coop # engraved. It’s a super advertising gimmick.)
7. Go somewhere exciting on the Vespa – maybe Niagara Falls.
8. Go somewhere exciting in the truck – maybe Finland.
9. Learn to speak Finnish.
10. Conduct an archeological dig under the smelly bush… if it destroys the stink shrub in the process, so be it.
As we get closer to September, I may brainstorm a similar list for the fall. Pumpkin carving… hay wagon riding… travel to Antartica… grow eyebrows. The possibilities are endless!